If you've been following my blog for a while, you might notice that I hardly review or talk about foundation. Truth is, I don't use foundation because I believe that it will just melt away with my sweat in this weather of ours.
But sometime ago, a friend used an Avon foundation on me during an event and I found myself quite liking this whole foundation fiasco. So I went ahead and purchase the said foundation for myself! It's a pretty new foundation from Avon but it's out this month so go ahead and check out your nearest Avon Beauty Boutique if you're interested!
1) Texture: I like the liquid - mousse formula. It's not too watery and not too dense.
2) Luminosity: The foundation contains brightening complex in the form of tiny shimmers for a dewy and luminous finish. Don't worry about looking like a disco ball though. The shimmers are very subtle.
3) Blendability & smell: It's easy to blend into the skin without any streaks. I noticed a mild smell of fragrance to the foundation but nothing too offensive. I quite like the smell of it. Not candy sweet smell at all but it's a clean smell that I don't know how to describe.
4) Packaging: It comes in a squeeze tube which I find to be far more hygienic than bottled foundation. For your information, squeeze tube product is more economical as well because you get to use the product to every last bit by either cutting the tube into half or squeeze for all its worth!
5) Feel: It feels really light on the skin that sometimes I even forgot that I'm wearing a foundation on my face. Plus, the formula is enriched with SPF 15 which offers protection to your skin.
1) Coverage: This foundation's coverage is around sheer - medium. I personally have no problem with it but I feel like those who needed more to cover will not benefit from this.
|I chose 1 shade lighter because my face is darker than my hands and the rest of my body. As you can tell, the coverage isn't opaque but this is only 1 application. You can try layering up for more coverage.|
|Demonstrating the coverage. I have terrible keratosis pilaris problem on my arms. Notice how after 3 layers of foundation, the scars don't look half as bad and it doesn't look cakey.|
I'm going to give this foundation a 'YES' because it suits my needs, gives me flawless looking skin (yes, a colleague actually said this out loud to me the day I took this foundation to the test), feels light and comfortable on and smells nice. I also like the brightening complex and SPF 15 properties that this foundation has. I think this is selling around RM39.90 (cannot be sure. Do check your nearest ABB)
YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS FOUNDATION IF YOU:
- Have oily / combination / normal skin
- Naturally good skin without much to cover
- Like dewy finish foundation
What's your favorite foundation or the ones you are using now? I've only tried this, a Rimmel one (which I didn't like) and Revlon Colorstay.